Superior - Advanced Oboe Reed
Oboe reeds at Reed Pros are hand made with loving care from start to finish. Our oboe reeds are not like the reeds you find at your local music store. Those are mass produced with inferior scraping techniques resulting in a squawky, nasal tone. I make and sell reeds to you that I would play on. If I don't like it, I don't send it out. Reeds are play tested before leaving our shop to insure the proper strength and performance.
The Superior oboe reed series are handmade by me, start to finish. I select the finest tube cane
gouge and shape it in house. Each
reed is tied on as a blank (without profiling) and then the detailed scraping process begins. Each Superior
reed is worked on over
a period of three days to allow the cane to settle and stabilize. The Superior reeds have a rich, dark sound.
Why you should buy Reed Pros reeds? Please see our FAQ page
- The tip of this reed is very defined. There are windows in the back of the reed, excellent spine and rails.
- We use 47mm silver staples.
- **The reed thread comes in a variety of colors and may not be the color shown in the picture.**
- This reed will play a Low Bb to High Eb.
- These reeds come in Medium Hard.
- This reed is recommended for a high school player or doubler.